The Galaxy Note to be introduced today in a downsized form. A 5.5 inch Galaxy Note is going to be introduced at the IFA 2012 show today.
Play infinite has managed a scoop again saying that it has managed to get this information from a Seoul newspaper. The 5.3 inch note has become a hot seller for Samsung, with it’s handy fit in the pocket styling (barely) and S Pen stylus. Personally I am not sure if the this particular size makes too much sense, a 7 inch version would make a lot more sense to me. I guess Samsung feel that the popularity of the baby note should be capitalized on.
- A screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, which is a shame as the 5.3 Galaxy note has a slightly better resolution at 1280 x 800 and is an older model. Not a way to win new buyers Samsung!
- It will have 3G and 4G radios although the 4G could mean HSPA+ and not likely to be LTE.
- 16GB and 32GB storage.
- A 1.4GHz quad core Exynos 4412 processor
- 8 mega pixel rear facing camera (RFC)
- Front Facing Camera (FFC) was not leaked.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will come loaded on the new device, which is great news!
- S Pen stylus
As final note, apparently Samsung have enlisted the German Director Wim Wenders to help introduce the Galaxy Note 5.5. Similar to the use of Baz Luhrman and Zac Posen in the Galaxy Note 10.1 launch.